Peer Review Process
The journal features a rigorous double-blind peer-review process in order to guarantee the absolute scientific quality of the publications. The arbitration system is carried out through external reviewers and only original texts are accepted.
As a rule, we send received papers to two reviewers. In case of doubts, we reserve the right to send it to a third reviewer, or as many additional reviewers as we may consider necessary to ensure the high quality of the publication.
To evaluate the articles, the reviewers will attend to 8 criteria that have been clearly defined by the journal. The reviewers will complete a form that will be sent (anonymously) to the authors. Each criterion scores from 1 to 5. Based on these scores (quantitative evaluation) and the comments and arguments of the reviewers (qualitative evaluation), the journal's editorial board decides whether to accept or reject the paper, whether to request a re-submission, or whether to suggest submission of the paper to another journal of GKA's editorial group.
The International Social Sciences Review is peer-reviewed and inspired by the Ethical Code of COPE’s publications.
The articles are published immediately. They are published on the website as soon as layout, tests and pagination’s stages finish.
There is one issue per year.
We offer two types of suscriptions: individual and institutional subscription, both in electronic format.
Those authors who have been published in this journal accept the following terms:
- Authors will keep the moral copyright of the work and they will transfer the commercial rights. In this way, the author will only be able to upload the author’s original version into his/her personal Website or into the university (or research center) institutional archive, but the publisher’s version won’t (copyright, commercial rights).
- Publisher's version: It's the peer-review article. It has been edited, revised, laidout, paginated and indexed by our editorial board. Publisher's version is also called posprint.
- Author's version: It's the sent manuscript by the author to our review (without review, without layout) Author's version is also called preprint.
- Management editorial process, from author's version ("in the raw" manuscript) to publisher's version(upgraded product epistemically and aesthetically) has a not negligible cost because it's a task carry out by professionals of the highest level and rigorously and efficiently.
- After two years in publication, publisher’s version shall thereafter become in open access online from our editorial website, but our review will retain the work’s copyright. In other words, publisher’s version will be accesible for everyone and permanently from our editorial Website, but it may not be upload in any other website. Anyone wanting to read or to download publisher’s version must visit our editorial website. In this way, if you want to reference publisher’s version in your personal website or into any institutional archive, you may link to our editorial website to reference publisher’s version.
- In case authors wanting to get publisher’s version in order to their works could freely circulate (for example,to upload publisher’s version in their personal’s website or into any institutional archive) they can do it on condition that they will have to pay an 85€ fee. In this case, our editorial will permanently assign to the publisher’s version. In such a way, an open license Creative Commons (CC) will be assigned by us. This license will allow for a free work circulation by the Internet, without anybody being able to appropriate it at no time. The authors may choose the type of license they wish, but it’s important to decide soundly which type of license they want. If you choose this option, we would be glad to offer free advisory service soyoy can safely choose the one that is best for you and for your particular case. (Remember that empirical studies have shown that avaliable open articles have a substantial increase in quotations and it can swell to 250% than other articles not being in open access).
Delayed open access
The contents of this review will be available in an open access format 24 months after the publication of that issue.
This review has an delayed open access policy. Thus, we may bring about compatibility three core pillars: the vocation to promote a free flow of knowledge; the review economic sustainability for the medium and long-term; and the quality and rigor of the published articles, either to a epistemic perspective (provisional acceptance of submissions, peer-review) from aesthetic perspective (edition, revisions, layout, proofreading).
We try to combine excellence, solidarity and sustainability in our project. That's why we share the knowledge we support to spawn almost immediately, once quality, continuity and subsistence of the review have been secured.
After two years since the publication of an article, any article will be in open access on the review's website, but our review will retain the copyright of the article.
Any individual or institution wanting to upload or freely circulate author's version on his/her website or into an institutional archive should contact this review.
About issues purchase
To buy an issue of the review: 20,00 (EUR)
This fee payment will allow to view, upload and print that issue.
About articles purchase
To buy an article: 5,00 (EUR)
This fee payment will allow to view, upload and print that article.